Facilities Technician – Building Maintenance
Location – Eastleigh, Hampshire
Salary – £21,850 inclusive of Shift Allowance (additional payment is made for on-call cover)
Hours – 37 ½ hours per week
Our client is a highly reputable employer in Eastleigh. An opportunity has become available to join their Facilities Department as an Facilities Technician – Building Maintenance.
This role involves taking care of one large building occupying up to 650 + employees. Your key responsibility will be to support and maintain the site, working as part of a team. You will provide operational support to ensure the highest standards are upheld and delivered in the business.
Reporting to the Facilities Team Leader, the Facilities Technician – Building Maintenance will play a crucial role as they will be responsible for ensuring that building functions, facilities and vehicles remain compliant at all times whilst delivering services to customers at all levels across the business.
Flexibility is a must for this role as the Facilities Technician – Building Maintenance will be required to work on a rotational shift pattern and on call out-of-hours on a rota basis to respond to any emergencies to ensure continuous cover to the business. Therefore, it is important that the right candidate lives in close proximity to the office, i.e, 30 minutes’ drive, to be able to respond quickly and efficiently to emergencies.
The ideal Facilities Technician – Building Maintenance must have trades experience and be skilled in carrying out maintenance tasks over a wide spectrum, including plumbing, carpentry, carpet laying, painting & decorating and specialist cleaning, control as required as well as an understanding of buildings heating, cooling and ventilation requirements and an ability to track faults or equipment failure.
A positive and flexible attitude, coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills is a must.
Main Responsibilities as Facilities Technician – Building Maintenance:
- Delivering required planned preventative maintenance and undertaking first-line repairs as required.
- Conduct periodic inspection of work equipment and maintain an asset log (WASP System) for audit and reporting.
- Manage external contractors to ensure they deliver their services successfully in compliance with the law, regulation and the Company’s Health & Safety processes.
- Implement Personal & Premises Team Health and Safety initiatives; safety rules for Contractors, workplace Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health.
- Support physical security arrangements by ensuring that buildings are correctly secured out of hours and intruder alarms are set.
- Act as a key member of the Facilities Business Continuity Management Team (BCM) and required to be on-call.
In order to be successful in this role, you need to have:
- Skilled to carry out maintenance tasks over a wide spectrum including plumbing, carpentry, carpet laying, painting & decorating and specialist cleaning jobs.
- Must be physically able to handle heavy furniture and equipment for which full manual handling training will be given.
- An appreciation of current Health and Safety law and regulation applicable to areas within their responsibility acquired through Safe Systems of Work.
- Minimum of two years trades experience.
- PC Skills: Ability to use MS Office for Emails and Calendars, Excel, Word.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility to adopt appropriate behaviour given the situation, acts with integrity, openness and honesty, positive, enthusiastic and energised.
- To be supportive of other team members and foster good working relationships internally and externally.
- A full driving licence is required.
In return for your hard work and commitment, our client offers fantastic benefits:
- A competitive pension for which our client will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
If you think this role is for you and you have the relevant experience, APPLY TODAY!