Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 per annum DOE
Location: Ferndown, Dorset
Hours: Full-Time, Monday – Friday
Our client is a thriving business technology company based in Ferndown, Due to their continued expansion, they have a new opportunity within their busy Finance team for an experienced Financial Controller. Working closely with the Finance Director, this new, varied role will be key in supporting the company’s growth strategy and streamlining business processes.
Providing direction and support to the finance team, you’ll use your technical expertise to maintain efficient finance procedures and produce accurate management and financial reporting. You’ll also take the lead on compliance to ensure the business meets the relevant minimum control framework and all regulatory requirements, such as UK GAAP, as well as maintaining ISO accreditations.
- Manage the production of monthly management accounts and year-end reporting across all group entities
- Assist in the preparation of forecasts and support the delivery of the operational teams’ budgets
- Produce monthly analytical performance data, providing insight and information to support discussions on risks and opportunities
- Process monthly payroll and prepare annual R&D claims, compliant with HMRC guidelines
- Work with the FD to oversee treasury and cost management
To be successful in this role, you need to be:
- A qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills with experience in leading and developing teams
- A motivated self-starter with a natural ability to influence and drive change
- Advanced Excel skills and experience in as many of the following as possible:
- Microsoft Business Central / NAV
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Sage Payroll
In return for your hard work and commitment, our client offers:
- 23 days increasing to 25 with service, plus bank holidays
- Enhanced Company Pension Scheme — up to 10% matched Company Pension
- Financial benefit schemes — including Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme — be sustainable while saving up to 40% on the cost of a fully electric car
- Office space — modern refurbished office space, free on-site parking and brand new recreational space
- A focus on mental health and wellbeing
- Giving back to the wider community —encourage employees to apply for significant sponsorship towards a fundraising challenge of their choice each year
- Development opportunities —recognise personal strengths by tailoring training and development to each employee.
- Social events — annual summer and winter parties
- Cycle to Work Scheme — lower your carbon footprint while improving your health
So, if you want to be part of an integral team within a successful, agile and forward-thinking technology company, apply today!