Financial Reporting Accountant
Hours: Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Salary Range: £31,000 – £36,000 per annum
Location: Eastleigh (Home-Working options available)
Our highly reputable client has an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Financial Reporting Accountant.
As a Financial Reporting Accountant, you are responsible for preparing and delivering accurate and timely reporting to both internal and external stakeholders to support the month end, quarter end and annual reporting processes, and to ensure that tax is calculated correctly and paid within the strict deadlines.
Main Responsibilities as Financial Reporting Accountant:
- Delivery of accurate and relevant financial and technical IFRS reporting to the Audit Committee and the UK Board each quarter.
- Meeting internal and external tax compliance requirements across all types of business taxes (excluding payroll taxes).
- Completion of solvency (SII) reporting to the Group and the PRA on a quarterly basis, and other regular external regulatory reporting to trade organisations.
- Preparing statutory financial statements for all UK entities.
- Supporting the external auditors throughout the year as they carry out their audits and reviews, providing information to them and responding to their queries.
- Preparing monthly management accounts in an accurate and timely manner, including preparing associated calculations, posting accurate and valid journals, applying accounting standards, performing monthly reconciliations of balance sheet control accounts, reviewing the final output and presenting it to senior management.
- Maintaining a financial/management reporting environment which facilitates accurate and timely reporting, underpinned by a robust control framework with efficient processes and good governance. Identifying opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies across all areas of the FR&C team.
- Assisting the Technical Accounting Manager, Chief Accounting Officer and the Chief Financial Officer, as required, and supporting the wider Finance team and the business with ad hoc queries, projects and business transactions.
- Building effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, including Actuarial, Underwriting, Payroll and other parts of Finance.
- Keeping abreast of change in legislation and regulatory requirements in financial reporting and tax to ensure that the Company is well-positioned to meet any new requirements.
Skills/Experience you need as Financial Reporting Accountant:
- Knowledge of IFRS and Solvency II an advantage
- Knowledge of VAT and/or Corporation Tax would be desirable
- Qualified or strong part qualified accountant
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail, and a core value set that is focused on delivering high quality outputs
- Excellent numerical skills and the ability to understand, evaluate and interpret financial data, identifying and looking to resolve apparent inconsistencies
- Strong organisational and planning skills and the ability to prioritise and timetable workflows
- The ability to work independently, using initiative to follow through investigations logically
- The ability to respect confidentiality and build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, managers and directors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including timely and open communication and the ability to explain financial concepts to various stakeholders
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Financial Reporting Accountant role:
- Flexibility around where you work (as long as it’s within the UK) and, for many of our roles, flexibility within the working day to manage other commitments, such as school drop offs, etc.
- Minimum of 31 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) and you can buy and sell days.
- Supporting your Health – Dental Insurance Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Will Writing, Voluntary Critical Illness, Mental Health First Aiders, Well Being Activities – Yoga, Mindfulness.
- Annual Bonus Schemes
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Competitive Pension
- Employee Savings
- Employee Loans.
- Well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
- Partner Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
- Car Salary Exchange
- Cycle Scheme
- Vehicle Breakdown Cover
- Deals on various gadgets including Wearables, Tablets and Laptops.
So, if you are looking for a fantastic Company that provides so many different ways to recognise and reward your hard work and commitment, APPLY TODAY!