Garden Centre Supervisor
Salary: Circa £26,000 per annum DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week
Our client is a highly reputable and well known Garden Centre based in Henley-On-Thames. They are looking for a passionate and natural people-person to join their friendly and hard-working team.
With a passion for gardening and all things outdoors, as well as a natural leader , you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be highly motivated, commercially aware and able to create inspirational plant displays to tempt customers and showcase a changing seasonal offering.
Working outdoors in all weather, you will ideally have some past horticultural experience and enjoy sharing your knowledge and passion for plants and gardens to advise our customers on their plant choices and other garden related questions.
Competent in the use of IT, you will manage the plant area, including management of special offers, to ensure the smooth operation of plant sales through the tills.
- Managing and motivating a team of staff
- Responsible for the ordering of products as per seasonal requirements, in line with sales targets, seasonal trends and footfall to anticipate demand, and ensure effective maintenance of plant displays without excessive wastage.
- Providing excellent customer service and giving good advice to customers
- Maintaining plants to ensure that quality and visual appearance are maximised
- General upkeep of the outdoor sales area.
- Managing promotions, stock levels, plant quality and sales performance.
- Ensuring standards for customer service, quality, Health and Safety are met
- Dealing with EPOS system, general administration, and site security
The ideal candidate will be:
- A passion for gardening and natural people person
- Garden retail experience desirable
- Hands on and proactive
- Have flair for producing creative merchandising displays
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with great attention to detail
- Have the ability to promote good team spirit to deliver great customer sales and service
- Have good business acumen
So if you are looking to join a family business where everyone works together, APPLY TODAY!