Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire (remote working options available)
Pay: Up to £45,000 per annum
Our client, a well know and highly reputable insurance provider, with offices based across the UK, are currently looking for a Senior Underwriter to join their fresh and dynamic team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly Analytical candidate, with excellent numerical skills to work closely with the pricing and distribution teams.
The Senior Underwriter will be supporting the development of a multi-year approach to managing their risk portfolio.
As a Senior Underwriter, main responsibilities include:
- The implementation of new concepts, managing rate strength and strengthening the year to year understanding of risk.
- You will be a specialist in portfolio management and therefore strong numeracy and communication skills are essential in order to be able to gather, interpret and present segmentation information to numerous stakeholders internally and externally
- To review the underwriting acceptance rules and documentation and make underwriting changes/recommendations, as appropriate, to deliver profitable performance and optimise profitable growth.
- To recommend new underwriting concepts, product covers and documentation by utilising market / legal / competitor analysis.
- To support the Pricing team by recommending new enhancements or alterations to pricing or underwriting.
- Key Liaison point with brokers, partners, external service providers and internal Sales, Claims and other management teams.
In order to be successful in this role, you need to have:
- A sound understanding of underwriting and pricing principles and experience of a wide range of technical issues affecting the Personal Motor Insurance Market.
- A very high degree of numeracy with a strong ability to analyse and interpret large quantities of data.
- Excellent skills in explaining, both internally and externally to key business partners, the interpretation of policy wordings, underwriting decisions and the outcome of audits.
- Ability to work with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Confident decision-maker who exhibits a willingness to take responsibility.
- Ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines, managing multiple work streams and stakeholders.
In return for your hard work and commitment, our client offers fantastic benefits, including:
- A competitive pension for which our client will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more
So if you are looking to join a Company who invest in their staff, and you have the relevant experience to make a difference within their Underwriting team, APPLY TODAY!